View Single Post
Old 27-11-18, 09:43 AM   #6677
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

I have a Win7 laptop for which I've bought an SSD drive. I thought I'd make a system image on my network drive (on Win10 desktop) but it seems that Microsoft don't allow creating system image to a network drive on Win7 Home Premium, you need the "better" version. Now that is annoying. You need an external drive or a DVD burner.
It would need 20 dvd to back it up to that format, I've found an old IDE drive so I've ordered an adaptor (to USB) and I'll create an image to that.
Anyone know if it's possible to just back up the Win7 OS instead of the whole drive?

I have an OEM copy (Toshiba) of Win7, Tosh have helpfully put the Windows key on the base of the laptop but after 8 years I cannot read the whole key. I used a key decoder and it has given me the key but it's totally different from underneath the laptop. I used the decoded key to download a win7 iso but Microsoft rejects the key (maybe because its OEM).
I do have (home created) Toshiba back up DVDs so, if all else fails, I can use them, but this inability to use the network drive is frustrating. (I deliberately didn't update my laptop to win10 because people were having driver issues with my model).
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote