View Single Post
Old 07-01-19, 11:00 AM   #1
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Adding rear LED strip light

Looking at adding an led strip light to the back of my SV ( K8 ), something like this that has tail light, brake and indicators built in...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wiipro-Univ...for+motorcycle

I'm doing it for use when I have a rack / top box fitted. Possibly to the bottom of the number plate so that removing the box / rack isn't a hassle of undoing wires, but possibly to the box with wiring connectors, ideally something like the quarter turn waterproof connectors that Hot Grips use.

I'm guessing it will work ok wired up alongside the existing tail light electrics? I'm not very good on the electrics side of bikes. Will I need anything else in line with it or need to wire it a certain way?

I'm also guessing I'd have issues if I try and use the indicator leds alongside the built in SV ones as they are led (and the SV are not?) and I've have issue with the flashing speed compared to the SV ones? That's the bit I'm least interested in though, so I will leave the LED strip indicator wires not wired in if it's going to cause problems or be difficult to get working. It's mainly for tail and brake light visibility that will be obscured slightly by the rack / box.

Can anyone explain in basic terms to me any issues I might have or any advice?

Last edited by Adam Ef; 07-01-19 at 12:00 PM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote