View Single Post
Old 08-01-19, 08:31 AM   #13
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Adding rear LED strip light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Anyone got any recommendations for auxilliary front lights? Preferably LED, although I can't afford £200+ Givi etc. There's plenty around on eBay etc for £50 ish, but many get bad reviews as having pinspot beams or problems with having flashing modes every other time they're turned on. Has anyone used anything cheaper and found any with a decent beam that aren't dodgy?
try alchemy they have a huge range of good quality lights

https://www.alchemyparts.co.uk/spot-...imit=12&mode=4

And for better headlight bulbs try these ( link below), we have them in both our cars ( for nearly 2 years now) and one on my motorbike - much better than any filament bulb and with a great beam pattern
( more light on nearside verge and a flat beam for oncoming drivers) I have some pictures of beam pattern if you are interested - they are a very white light ( around 6000K )
as opposed to those 9000K plus 'blue' lights mentioned by red ones, they really show up road signs well, even the best filament bulb looks yellow next to them.

They really show up well in daylight as well, this is probably the cheapest route to improving your night time vision and your daytime visibility, you will have to find room for a constant current
driver about 40x25x15mm ( on a - otherwise the bulbs are plug and play, the driver has an H4 plug on a flying lead and the other side of driver flying lead plugs into LED bulb, the bulb will twist in its
holder for best beam pattern although I found the recommended position just fine, locked in place with grub screw ( keys supplied ) - the only thing I did was to smear some heatsink paste on the
heatsink threads to improve cooling and stop any corrosion between the threads, and a bit of silicone on the 4 pin round connector thread. These do not have a cooling fan and an extension lead is available if you need it ( although I doubt you will).

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/col...=8239030763615

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 16-08-21 at 10:21 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote