View Single Post
Old 27-01-19, 01:22 PM   #6946
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
Just Deliveroo Uber food collection people.
My dislike of them hits a new low.
Why are they so rude?

I think I'd have reparked his moped for him.

The one thing I noticed when I moved out of Bristol and didn't go back into the city centre for a year, when I did there were suddenly Uber drivers and Deliveroo scooters/ bicycles everywhere! It was like the era of App based employment had suddenly exploded.

Every time I go in now the main problems I encounter are usually with either Deliveroo or Uber drivers / riders. Every trip in I've, without fail, been nearly wiped out by a swerving / u-turning Uber driver and had numerous near misses / cut ups by Deliveroo riders. Often suddenly appearing off pavements etc. The latest was a kid who didn't seem to be entriely concious bombing one of Bristol's steepest busiest hills on the wrong side of the road jabbering away to himself sometimes swerving to avoid oncoming traffic.

It looks to me that the App based nature of employment has no filter or barrier to employment for nutter / morons / selfish idiots, and as a result the city is now full of them.

Quite a few Bristol Uber cars are owned between a few people apparently who can't afford the car on their own, are to trying to make some quick money and have no vested interest in keeping the car dent free, so drive without a care in the world, barging eveyone else out of the way. My experience seems to back this up.

I'm sure there's a few decent Deliveroo riders out there, but in Bristol it often looks like they've opened the doors to the asylum, slapped a few big backpacks on people and set them off to wreak mayhem on the streets and pavements.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote