View Single Post
Old 25-02-19, 05:14 PM   #3790
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Intermittent headlights on the SV. Shouldn't be a smile, but it is as I've traced it to the block connector in the fairing being loose / fuzzed up. I fully expected to be pulling the whole loom out and trying the trace a break in a wire, but have avoided that, so very relieved.

Block connecter terminals are cleaned up, female ends squeezed closed slightly and the male ends given a very slight twist to help them engage tightly and it's all back together working well again. Hopefully no more losing my lights at night.. on corners... which was slightly scary.

[ + Top tip from a friend.. I wanted to get shrink wrap over the connector to prevent water gettng in there in future (windscreen seems to funnel any water down in to that area inside the fairing), but didn't have any big enough to fit over. Friend suggested using a length of old bicycle inner tube with cable ties either end. That over the top of electrical tape wrapping around the backs of the connectors has sealed it all up nicely. ]
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote