View Single Post
Old 02-03-19, 07:00 PM   #34
Chris_SVS

Default Re: The Sat Nav minefield!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Old thread bump... has anyone got any long term experience of Garmin Satnavs? Is the Zumo 660 still decent or have things got a lot better in the last couple of years?

I've been trying to use apps recently and not getting on great with them. Rever is the most promising but it doesn't do any rerouting if you make a mistake, instead making you do u-turns and carry on the exact planned route. Once thing I like about just using Google or Apple Maps is that they adjust on the fly, so you decide to veer off route and it reworks the route for you to take you back on at a different point, instead of insisting on u-turns.

I do like to rely on voice instructions rather than looking at a screen though, for safety reasons and also as I find a screen in front can take you away from the ride sometimes.
Yeah I've always had a Garmin of some sort. They haven't really changed in operation since I got my first in 2009 or so, just got flashier in features..

If it's a good deal and had has all the proper bits/cradle etc, go for it.. I do however enjoy the adventurous routing feature on occasion as it will plan bendies instead of borings, newer models again (I have a 345LM) have Spotify!

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 02-03-19 at 07:01 PM.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote