Thread: Bullying
View Single Post
Old 07-05-19, 03:29 PM   #3
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bullying

First would be to try talking and reasoning, although I'm not sure who with if he's from another school. Easier said than done though. If it was one of my kids I'd be finding it hard to take the reasoning approach.

My son has got in trouble at school before for defending himself when weeks of being wound up by a bullying kid got too much for him and he blew his top. He ended up kicking the kid to get out of a headlock that was strangling him. Unfortunately no one saw if so my son got in just as much trouble as the bully. We weren't pleased with the approach the school took of disciplining them both. I told my son he was right to defend himself to get out of being strangled and to ignore the teachers. The bully left the school to move overseas shortly after so it never got any further, but I'm not sure what we could have done if it had continued. I was ready to keep him out of school though until the school could get a grip on the situation. That would have made them take notice. I'd probably have got in trouble with the local authority too for keeping him home but at least it would have drawn attention to the situation and hopfully prompted some action from the school.

Your situation is different though as it involves two schools and most of the time the schools don't take respnsibility for what happens on the bus journeys outside of school hours.

I'd approach the school for advice first.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote