View Single Post
Old 18-05-19, 01:24 PM   #18
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Osram Night Breaker Laser H4

The Classicccarled LED H4 have a better spread of light than any filament bulb I have tried, the light is much whiter and picks things like road signs out much better. The amount of useful light on nearside verge ( where you need it - especially when headlights are approaching at night ) is great and IMHO makes driving / riding at night much more pleasant - added to that the whiter light is much more visible in daylight so makes a big difference to daytime safety as well. For me it is a no-brainer, even though filament bulbs are cheaper - and LED lights are much more resistant to vibration than filaments - we have had bulbs in our cars and my bike now for pretty much 2 years and no sign of a problem. With so many vehicles now having very bright DRL your yellow motorbike headlight has become even less visible - I will never fit another filament headlight bulb. There was some arguments / confusion about whether aftermarket LED headlight bulbs would pass an MOT, but both our cars and my bike have been through MOT with them fitted and tester never even mentioned them. Not all LED bulbs are created equal though, Philips went to a great deal of trouble to make their ZES LED chips exactly the same size and shape as a filament to keep the beam pattern correct in a reflector designed for filament bulb, there are a lot of cheap and nasty LED bulbs out there with a totally illegal beam pattern.

Trust me, once you have tried good LED bulbs you will wonder how you ever managed before.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote