View Single Post
Old 03-07-19, 12:32 PM   #7419
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Pip assessment yesterday for my wife. What a waste of time. The assessor asked the same questions as on the form we filled in. I can understand a visit to check people are not faking, so why bother with the form? I hate to think what all this costing the government.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
its saved the public billions in taxpayers money.

the assessment also involves a small physical but in your wife's case i would hazard a guess the assessor must have deemed it not necessary. the questions are a sort of "test" to see if your lying on what you put down on the form as most people go to their local CAB office or get a friend to fill it in so come interview time they cant remember what they had filled in on the form. the face to face is also to stop people using doppelgänger's as such.

its got a lot of "chancers" off the claim for which the public dont have to pay them.

i recently got awarded PIP due to my health. so i would say your wife has nothing to worry about.

think of it this way, by doing what the government have done it has created jobs (clerical staff for the whole process) for those that want to work and made it harder for those that dont. the money the public have saved goes to the workers/companies doing the assessments so technically there is no saving but each member of staff or company still has to pay "tax" so the government get a portion of it all back and round and round it goes keeping people employed.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote