View Single Post
Old 26-08-19, 06:30 PM   #30
Ljay

Default Re: Wrong Choice. New '18 SV650.

I am with you Bike 27 in sense some marques have a steady stream of backers I have had many cars and bikes. Some marques have very prolific product gurus with increased online backing/ influencers or something like that.
I currently own a Suzuki car based on years of different cars all supposedly darlings of the media, had BMW which was worst car I have ever owned in my younger years a Polo GTi second worse car so never will have German car again.
I looked at BMW F800r many suggest a superior bike to the SV but experience is my influence not someone telling me it is must have. My Swift Sport engine is better engineered than the M3 I had may not be as fast or flash but best handling car I have had in standard form it makes me smile.
I went with MT 07 as could get demo ride but not SV at time and was impulse buy really, it's for me not the bike it promised to be. Yeah can wheelie for fun decent power/ spread of power but handling never felt right. Could argue about whats better all day but you pay your money and takes your choice.
Am thinking most of us realise beauty of SV though. Had considered the Ducati Scrambler but belts/ servicing soon costs and many reckon suspension is not better than SV so I'm happy to have seat re-worked by custom seat maker then over time exhaust and suspension maybe even GSXR front end swap but all in good time.
Ljay is offline   Reply With Quote