View Single Post
Old 26-09-19, 03:02 PM   #48
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Osram Night Breaker Laser H4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget View Post
Cheers, I may give them a go, are they noticeably brighter than the night breakers or just a little better?
Would ideally like something as near to HID white without having to resort to actually fitting a full HID kit.
https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/col...roduct-reviews

These are 6000K and as near white daylight as you can get - I have one on my AL7 and they are in both our cars, pass MOT no problem with them in ( many people with HID aftermarket kits or dodgy LED bulbs have to take them out come MOT time ). The draw is about 1.5 amps per bulb compared to 5 amps for filament bulbs and they are inherently vibration proof and unlike the filament in high power bulbs the LED do not have a finite life, so they may be the last bulb you buy - and you can swap them between vehicles if you sell a bike you can take them out and fit them to the next one - it really is a no brainer..... The equivalent output vs filament is about 80watts, but the much whiter light shows things up so much better than yellow ( 3500 to 4000K ) filament light. The big problem with filament bulbs is that from the first time you turn them on the filament 'evaporates' and coats onto the inside of the glass envelope, this darkens the glass so that after even a short time there is less light getting through the glass and onto the road.

Having use these LED bulbs now for over 2-1/2 years I would never go back to filament ones, and I tried pretty much all of them up to +150% and with the mileage I covered had to replace them every 12 to 15 months.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 26-09-19 at 03:10 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote