Thread: Hello All
View Single Post
Old 21-10-19, 07:51 AM   #1
ZX9R

Default Hello All

Just thought i would say hello to you all. My name is Martin.
I don't have an Sv myself, but it's me who keeps it running.
I have 2 zx9r's, one of which is a streetfighter which i ride the most.

So i just bought my wife a little 1999 Sv650sy as a second bike as she has a 2004 Fazer 6 aswell.
She had one about 9 years ago and always said she wanted another one.
Only bought it 3 weeks ago off a friend who's bother lost hope in it.
It was a non-runner with carb problems, but only has 6,400 miles on it.
It has spent most of it life in a garage.
From what i can see, the first owner bought it and kept in up to 2004 and sold it with just over 4,000 miles on.
The second owner MOT'd it 3 time from 2004 upto 2014 with the last MOT mileage at 6,347 miles.
He started having problems with it, so he took it to a bike shop to have the carbs cleaned and the fuel tank sealed.
Within 50 miles it started to play up again so he just left it in his garage for the next 5 years.
This is when i bought it. I paid £400 for it as a non-runner, but knew i would be spending more than that on it.
I rebuilt the carbs, Fitted another rust free fuel tank and fitted an inline fuel filter. The bike now runs as sweet as the day it was new.
I then set about sorting everything else out. I replaced everthing that age would not be kind to.
In total it has cost about £700 to get it back on the road and MOT'd.
I have also bought a set of lower fairings to go on when i've painted the whole bike for her.
I think it is a very cheap bike at £1100 as it's all sorted and only needs a bit of paint.

Anyway here is a photo of what it looks like at the moment.

And this is her Fazer that i rebuilt and painted for her last winter.

And these are my 2 ZX9R's which i rebuilt and painted myself.
The Red one is painted in GPz900r A1 Colours and only come out in the summer on dry days.
The Blue one i ride all the time. I do have the fairings for it, but just wanted a streetfighter.

Last edited by ZX9R; 21-10-19 at 10:28 AM.
ZX9R is offline   Reply With Quote