View Single Post
Old 28-01-20, 10:09 PM   #5
Thaleshwar

Default Re: Spark plug socket from tool kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
I recently changed the front plug on mine - I cannot remember but does the plug fitted require the threaded feral that screws on the top of the plug? The spanner worked fine on mine. The other possibility is the rubber insert is not in its correct position. You could go for it and try it on the plug in the bike and if you cannot get the spanner on then force the rubber bung out. Once the plug is unscrewed just push the rubber back into the spanner to pull the plug out . The hex part obviously needs to go over the nut part of the plug so that goes on first . Mine is a 99 job and it was the first time I had swapped a plug on it - it was not very tight at all! Good luck.
I did not remove the rad totally to get at the plug - unbolted it, removed the top hose and pushed thhe rad sideways out of the way. I understand that it is possible to change the plug with the rad all connected up but the margin of error is small!
Many thanks, will know tomorrow how it goes when I attempt to remove old plug first. I am not going to remove the rad out, just unbolt and move back to make space to reach to the plug, I first thought that ball side of plug will get hooked into rubber insert, so I tried that with my new plugs yet to be fitted, but that dint happen that’s when panic set into me, may be like you suggested rubber insert inside socket is not in its correct position will try to fiddle and see what happens. Apparently I researched so much and did not see anyone talking about the problem I felt so very apprehensive

Last edited by Thaleshwar; 28-01-20 at 10:11 PM.
Thaleshwar is offline   Reply With Quote