Thread: The Veg Plot.
View Single Post
Old 26-03-20, 07:52 PM   #15
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Veg Plot.

I bought this great little mini greenhouse affair from Aldi a few days ago. Perfect for hardening off stuff before it goes into the veg plot. It's much fuller with seedlings now than it is in this picture!

Aldi mini greenhouse
by garynortheast

Sioned planting bulbs yesterday.

Sioned planting bulbs
by garynortheast

This is where we had got to with the top bed by 2pm today.

Top bed - first part done
by garynortheast

Then by 6pm this evening the first part of the bed was dug, mucked, and ready, so the broad beans went in.

Broad beans
by garynortheast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
My first lettuce seeds have come up in pots on the utility room windowsill and it looks like the tomato seeds are just about to push through as well.
We have lots of tomato seedlings almost ready to be potted on now. I started them quite early as I want them to be a good size when the go out into the bed, to make the most of the growing season.

I'd not thought about lettuce in pots but now I'm thinking I might get some going in toilet roll tubes to put out when they are bigger and better able to withstand the advances of the slugs and snails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Early spuds and parsnip seeds will go in this weekend for me.
You're ahead of me here Trev but I shall probably sow parsnip seeds fairly soon too.

We have quite a few potatoes chitting on various window sills at the moment, and the Charlottes will be going into one of the tyre towers shortly. Sioned and I need to go and harvest a load of the dead bracken off the allt first though to pack the tyres before we put the compost in.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote