View Single Post
Old 16-04-20, 11:41 AM   #8075
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
But when you order basic essentials like pasta and rice over three weeks in advance it's a bit of a crap system if they don't put any aside for you and you end up having to do the shop you were advised not to do three weeks ago anyway.

I'd agree with the hype not helping. Social media too, full of people's photos of empty shelves. When I actually went shopping I could have taken photos of empty areas, but could also have taken photos of the majority of the shop's well stocked areas too if I wanted to paint a positive picture. I'm guessing the media (social and commercial) chose to err on the side of the sensationalist point of view and hyped the hysteria. I had less choice, but plenty to buy really and it just highlighted to me the crazy amount of choice we have normally.
How far in advance should they put stuff to one side, considering people regularly change/cancel orders it is a lot of admin for the supermarket to manage at the best of times.
Everything is packed/picked on the day so they can only take what's on the shelves like a customer. IIRC it is only Asda that deliver from a warehouse, the rest do it from the store shelves.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote