Thread: White lines?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-20, 09:42 PM   #33
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: White lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
I can only imagine that our esteemed biker friend is overtaking three cyclists and has neither brakes nor eyes equipped.

As has been said above... but it did make me think of something I've been meaning to look up recently. There's a trade off on risk, re. space available etc etc, but when filtering for example standstill traffic I was of the opinion you could overtake in the same lane if safe to do so (even on solid white as long as you don't cross it).
In trying to google the wording I found this video ...which should definitely be discouraged and makes me want to find wording that clarifies exactly what is allowed even more!
YouTube Video
Error: If you cannot see this video, then either YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed to play it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I8mGtgd0Y0

Have a good cringe.
Side note, f00k knows what the rider was doing, I cna only imagine he took that line because the car was already doing it...or perhaps he cut up the car and there was never any gap there at all? Though it sort of looks clear from his shoulder check , maybe that's why he only indicated for a split second.
wow just watched that.. what most riding schools dont teach is command of the road nor do many people know how to do it properly. give another motorist an inch and they will take a mile.

tbh for a car to overtake like that the bike must have been ridden by a granny on smack..

a biker is not always in the right.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote