View Single Post
Old 18-08-20, 12:46 PM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Goodbye MT09SP, hello Z900RS

The new bike was delivered this morning and the MT09 picked up. The Yamaha was the wrong bike for me, too uncomfortable, too rough around the edges.

I was more excited about the Z900RS arriving than the MT09SP when it arrived which is a good sign, the Zed is a pretty looking bike (imo). I fitted the low seat and took it out for a quick 40 mile trip.

So far so good, ok I'll admit the ride is still a bit harsh but better than the Yam and I haven't made any suspension adjustments yet - I may still be fighting my light weight. It runs hot, a bit like the Street Triple I had - a few minutes of sitting at traffic lights and the fan kicks in. I don't think my SV fan has ever kicked in, nor did the MT.
The gearbox was markedly better than the MT09 and overall, the bike was more refined.
You don't get a service book any more, it's been replaced by a USB stick, progress, I suppose. The bike came with a 4 year warranty, a discount on the first oil filter (both from Kawasaki) and 10% off clothing and accessories from Preston Superbike.

I was hoping that this was my last big expenditure this year but the delivery driver showed me this:
https://delkevic.co.uk/Kawasaki%20Z9...haust%20system

I really hope they don't make a chrome or polished stainless version...