View Single Post
Old 27-09-20, 07:19 PM   #2363
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

Happy work-eve everyone. It's been a funny old week at Trev Towers. We lost Lady Poppy's dad on Wednesday so I had a dash to Shrewsbury so Her Ladyship was not driving while understandably upset. Back on the thankfully empty train so The Monkey was not on her own as she took the loss of Grandpa quite badly, as have the other grandchildren from sister-in-law's tribe. Then we packed up the car and took Monkey back to Brighton yesterday (Lady Poppy was back home by then) so we could help her move into her new flat - it was exhausting, especially the three hours it took all of us to put her flat-packed bed together. My Focus estate with the back seats down was full twice: with the boxes of furniture ordered to us in advance, and the second load from her previous flat, thankfully only a mile from the new one. Home today after a sleepless night in an uncomfortable Travelodge bed and we're now just a pair of zombies, in a house that feels a bit quiet without our precious daughter. Still, a new chapter has opened in Monkey's life and things must carry on, even though we'll all miss the happy-go-lucky mischievous soul that was my father-in-law. Rest in peace John and settle in well Joan.

Early night for me I think!