Thread: The SV
View Single Post
Old 11-10-20, 09:42 PM   #36
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: The SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balky001 View Post
I got my new K3 SV650S the day I passed my test (I was a late starter at 35!). It was a bargain and looked great in blue. The Remus can used to echo off the building in London and I loved the back end, tail tidy and Ermax undertray with intergrated indicators. Did my first track day on it after riding for 7 months at Brands Indy and shocked people weren't passing me with their SS600s and 748s. The Ohlins suspension and brake upgrades might have helped though .

As the first year of the pointy, I used to get stopped and asked about it all the time. It was a great bike. If it hadn't had bit the end of my thumb off when I was stupidly cleaning the chain with it running (yes, we all know not to do that now) I might have kept it but it had to learn its lesson! I get stopped now on the Bonneville by the slightly greyer crowd (me being one of them) who like to reminisce their youth. Not the same!!

The SV will always be special to me but my GSXR600 K2 will be my favourite purely as the best track memories were on it, quite a few with people off this forum, Weazel, Luke Miller, 30MPHMax, ROB_SV, Dicky Ticker (came to watch, lovely lovely man), Blue_SV650 (he was super quick, fast group at Silverstone!) and quite a few more I can't remember now. Good times
Bloody hell. I was telling someone about your thumb incident the other day - didn't realise it was you but knew it was a forummer!

Blue-SV650 , I forget his name , was he the bloke that whizzed about with a fag on the go in his flip front lid, scraping his pegs? He was fast, he poss lowsided on a rideout onetime.
Blast from the past