View Single Post
Old 19-11-20, 04:46 PM   #26
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Electric Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Agree thats a problem, but do you forget to charge your phone overnight? I think plugging in the car will become second nature. For me the worry is those unexpected urgent trips, where you have to jump in the car and go.

However, you don't need to twiddle your thumbs for an hour while it charges, just long enough to get enough charge to get where you need to be. That is likely to be less than 50 miles in most cases, so a 10-20 minute charge will probably do it on a public rapid charger. (e.g. VW ID.3 will add 160 miles of range an hour on a 50Kw charger, so you get 50 miles in 20 minutes. A Tesla Model 3 standard range will add 50 miles in 7 minutes at a Tesla Supercharger).

thats still a waiting time and it has already been said about queues. not to mention people running out of charge on the roads.

what i can see happening is charging stations at retail parks to get the bored public to spend more money while they wait.

i'm in agreement that something needs to be done to stop reliance on fossil fuels but until a proper infrastructure has been put in place its not going to happen.

also when we are electric vehicle reliant it will push the price of electricity through the roof due to the reliance of especially our governments taxation system. so instead of paying lets say 15p a unit we will be paying £1 a unit and i also suspect that we will all be given a usage quota and thats why there is such a big push on smart meters. go over your quota and you will be charged £5 a unit.

there is still enough oil reserves to last another few hundred years so all this hurry about electric vehicles is unnecessary.

ooohhh and lets not forget all the jobs its creating and putting even more money into schoolboy warking chums pockets.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote