View Single Post
Old 19-11-20, 07:50 PM   #36
daktulos

Default Re: Electric Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
There are options to have chargers integrated into street lamps now. They are installed quite widely in Liverpool, where I've seen them in use. These are on terraced streets. London is adopting them widely also. Not a complete solution but its a start. There is also work place charging and public rapid chargers, but granted not as convenient as home charging.
We currently have three lamp posts on my side of the street (and they're converted gas lamps). 28 houses, probably around 20 spaces. They'd still need to dig up the street to reach each space, and the power consumption would be massively more than street lamps need.

There's a difference between putting a few charging spots around lamp posts and *having* to power every parking space. I really can't see it working - I like the idea of electric cars, but I think they're a short-term fix.

Quote:
This needs to be addressed and I think we should look to Norway and Denmark for ideas as they have much higher EV take up and many more folks living in apartment blocks etc.
They also have a lot more space!
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote