View Single Post
Old 19-11-20, 08:53 PM   #37
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Electric Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
Seems like I'm the only person thinks EVs are good idea
No , I do. I just think we're a long way off and 2030 will be pushed back. As I've already said about fibre optic infrastructure still problematic, let's see how well we do though. I've had an irking feeling lately they should have spent more time entertaining the hydrogen route(or other) seeing as it's pretty much the same infrastructure as petrol stations and no charge times or lithium mining (though you've taught me something on that one). If it wasn't the requirement to depend on one, I'd consider one...but in my situation that'd be my beloved bike slot in the garage and not sure I can do that yet - I've not yet taken the leap to these modern 4 cylinder things. Maybe if I was someone hwo had a car but didn't use it for business. In the future I hope that changes.

That said - if Tesla could knock £40k off their RRP I'd buy one. I was just looking at second hand ones and I found one for £20k...that was spares or repair.

I have been youtubing it a bit as I know I'm not up on the latest. I was surprised the batteries don't degrade too fast (if looked after), guess I shouldn;t be at the price...it's a whole different kettle of c0cks to a iphone or laptop that I'm basing experience on. Fast charge does seem to be a nono still though. It's going to be the new 'one lady owner' - 'one laid back git who never needed to get anywhere quick'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHz-Kx5h_Tw