View Single Post
Old 30-12-20, 01:13 PM   #17
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Your photo of the year, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Great picture.

I visited Kennedy a few years ago and I found it depressing. The Apollo years were exciting but to see the remnants of these giant rockets stuck on their sides and the paint flaking on the Vertical Assembly Building killed the excitement.

The shuttle was still flying during my visit so I didn't see it there, but I saw Endeavour in Los Angeles after it had made its way on a flatbed trailer through the streets. I took a couple of pictures including one of the heatshield tiles which are individually numbered for placement.
Yes, the Saturn 5 exhibition hall didn't inspire me, especially being a child watching them launch on the TV. For such an important item laying one on its side didn't show its magnificence off at all. The hall was dark & poorly lit, unlike the relatively new shuttle exhibition.

The problem might stem from the fact that a lot of the Saturn 5 era stuff has just been binned, so there's nothing to show, although my American buddy says there is another Saturn 5 in storage somewhere. How do you hide something like that
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote