View Single Post
Old 30-12-20, 01:33 PM   #8991
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
DW i'm not against Cyclists in any shape or form - i ride MTB as i see riding on the road too dangerous in any location, due to the poor driving standards on our roads.
What i do see from some/many cyclists is those who choose to put themselves in danger when a safer option is available. I don't think many of them are aware of how vulnerable they are - hence the lack of bright clothing and safety attributes they choose not to wear/equip themselves with.
I agreed with you on that, but cycle paths are not a safe option until they are properly segregated and maintained. A painted white line does not protect me on the road.

I am acutely aware of how vulnerable I am, and dress accordingly & equip myself.

Those adults that don't have lights & wear dark clothing, only have themselves to blame if riding at night or in bad visibility and get hit. They should be prosecuted or given the option of buying lights and attending a safe riding course instead of prosecution, if caught riding without lights. Its a legal requirement, if not just daft to ride without lights.

For cases involving children, then prosecute the parents
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote