View Single Post
Old 04-02-21, 04:05 PM   #9
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Win10 version 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by garynortheast View Post
I must say I’m at a loss as to why folks have so many problems. On the whole I’ve found W10 to be fine, one or two bits I’m not so keen on but no real tech or programming issues in all the time I’ve used it.
I have no problems generally with Win10 other than M/soft's constant "improvements" which never seem to make any positive difference in performance but frequently detrimental ones.

I have 2 laptops and a desktop running Win10. The desktop is fairly old but has an SSD and an early gen dual core CPU, it has the latest "feature edition" Win10 and shuts down/sleeps no problem. I can't remember if it's 2004 or 20H2.

My Toshiba Satellite laptop is a veteran, circa 2010, originally on Win7, has run ubuntu for a while (and android briefly) now on Win10 1909 on SSD - works great.

My Lenovo 330S is the newest (2 or 3 years), it was a mistake and I don't like it. It's running an AMD Ryzen 5 and works well on Win10 1909 but doesn't like 2004 - suffers from shutdown and sleep problems. Apparently 2004 and 20H2 share the same core - windows update is still trying to seduce me back with 20H2 but I'm reluctant after the last debacle.
I've been searching for a fix for the sleep/shutdown issue but there doesn't seem to be a consensus - fast startup and obsolete drivers are the usual quoted suspects.