View Single Post
Old 10-02-21, 11:12 AM   #9207
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Bought something from the UK. Or so I thought... .co.uk website. Looks very UK based. 3 weeks later I was still waiting and found out they are based in Germany. When it eventually arrived the box was smashed open, missing major parts and loose metal parts had been packed to rattle around against each other in the box so all very damaged in transit. I raised an issue. Very slow responses. "Waiting for claims team reply" etc. Then eventually got a reply saying they'd send another. Not wanting to wait another month and not trusting it will arrive in one peice and also not being happy it's coming further than I thought I asked to simply be refunded. They ignored me again for ages and have now told me they've sent another. I gave up trying to reason with them and raised a Paypal claim, which seems to be the ony thing that has got a prompt response. They've said I should send it back once I receive it and they will refund me for it. Looks like I have to pay to send it back to Germany though as the second one will be me just refusing it rather than it being damaged etc. It's large and heavy. Not something I would ever have ordered from outside the UK partly for the reasons I'm experiencing now.

It's going to my work so having to get everyone on alert to try to refuse delivery when it arrives.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote