Thread: caved in...
View Single Post
Old 12-02-21, 07:14 PM   #45
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: caved in...

read small prints.

I have multiple sims in office and garage alarms and also the bike trackers from giffgaff. All pay as you go and use minimal.

My phone is unlimited talk/sms/data from Virgin. But I needed a fall over internet.

I have 600Mb Virgin, but cannot get a telephone based internet as I am too far from the exchange (5m) for internet over aluminium cable. Yes aluminium and not copper with no plans for FTTP despite all the ads I get over the internet. So I need an unlimited sim.

3 great except it is 3G, they caught me when my kids persuaded me to go with them to discover no 4G where I live.
EE great 4G, but their unlimited is actually a fair use of 1TB. for someone like me who uses about 100GB/day useless.
So I currently have an unlimited sim from Vodafone business which cost me £26/month. Even though it is 5G. I cannot get a 5G signal.

I have acrually had to lend my daughter the modem and a wifi router as she has been waiting 3 months for openreach to provide a line to her farmhouse. I saw them doing the install to the yard last week so hopefully she may be live. But as she is about 6 miles from the exchange I somehow think she may be getting a signal litle better than my aluminium cable. She initially told me the modem/router were not working. Well no, her house was built 1629 and has solid stone walls/roof Reposition the modem in the window that gave strongest signal and 20yard of cable to the wifi router in the lounge and the smart tv gets wifi.

Bonus 14yr old dirt bag grandson can only use his laptop/phone in the lounge so no more dodgy sites.