View Single Post
Old 29-03-21, 10:54 PM   #5
Mega Poster

Default Re: K4 SV1000 - GSXR front end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
That was quick, well done - it was a looker

Out of interest was the gsxr conversion a notable improvement? I'd always heard the though forks weren't bad.
Hi Dave

Hard to say - the bike only had 7500 miles on it when I made the change. Did it mainly for cosmetic reasons if I'm honest. Can't say the handling or brakes were night and day. Certainly seemed to hold a line better, but then I am no suspension expert. The SV1000 K4 forks are the better of the two versions that came on the SV1000 (they changed from 05) I believe the valving is better on the earlier forks. I've dropped a message to a knowledgeable guy I know to confirm that.

Anyway, I'm sure with correctly set up forks, there's absolutely nohthing in it for day to day riding. But I'm sure the GSXR forks come to life on track where it counts.

I didn't spend a god awful amount on the conversion, I made various bits back by selling the GSXR front wheel and tyre, etc etc. So I'd recommend it, it's dead easy, especially on an S!