View Single Post
Old 11-05-21, 08:34 PM   #9552
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri w View Post
My lovely HP i7 laptop failed its bounce test. As I rarely watch TV this was a dire result. Repair time, whether I do it or use the local shop is at least 2 weeks, more so getting stuff through customs. I could have decided to buy a new one, whilst mine was in repair, and sell the old one once repaired but Spanish keyboards are different.

Solution = replace my ageing ipad with a new, bigger iPad Pro. The old HP is in for repair but oh what fun ´mirroring´the ipads—— double bonus, HID now has an ipad. But I’m already missing the HP
My unlovely Compaq laptop will be going to the big recycling centre after completely fecking me off this morning, either a Win10 update caused it not only to lose its activation code, but not able to play sound or use the mic.

Not usually a problem, but I had an international webbex conference call when it decided to do this. Bluetooth also disappeared, had to plug in a Bluetooth dongle, which worked for 10 mins, then stopped working. This is after I'd installed webbex at the start of the meeting, video was running fine, but no sound.

So I spent the next hour and a half watching presentations in silence, and unable to contribute or ask questions.

No issues in device manager, plugged another Bluetooth dongle after the meeting had finished, and hey presto Bluetooth now working

It is an ancient laptop, but worked fine on the last conference call. I have to use my own laptop, as my official laptop won't allow webbex meetings as we use Teams and Skype. I can't install webbex on my official laptop.

Fecking tech!
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote