View Single Post
Old 24-05-21, 09:12 PM   #9634
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Apparently being wired differently with the same colour wires in different places isn't a problem. They suggested leaving it on the charger for 24 hours but since the charge level didn't change in 4 hours and the charger was cold I didn't think it worthwhile. Then they asked me if the battery (that they recommended) is the same as the original. Since it's a 3 cell instead of a 2 cell running at a different voltage with a different firmware level and a higher capacity I'd have to say: no. So now they want me to buy a new charger. I declined and asked for an RMA - it's gone quiet.

Shouldn't replacing a battery be simple?
Buying a laptop battery week 5

It must be me. I assumed that when I placed an order for a battery for a Lenovo 330S-15ARR, that is what I'd get. Well, I got a battery that is the right shape and it fits but when I start researching it's actually for a Lenovo Yoga xxx. It's the wrong voltage and double the power (which would have been nice). On further investigation, Lenovo don't list any upgraded batteries for the 330S. If I can find this out why can't the seller?
They've now offered to send me another battery (of the same type they previously sent) and I can keep the first one (instead of an RMA, I assume). I suppose if this continues long enough I'll be able to start selling them myself. I pointed out the futility of this and that I'd need a direct replacement not one the right shape. I suspect a refund will not be forthcoming, Chinese companies don't seem to like refunds in my experience.
Watch this space...

It might be easier to buy a new laptop.

Last edited by Seeker; 24-05-21 at 09:14 PM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote