View Single Post
Old 10-06-21, 09:51 AM   #9702
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
See avatar. That is the oil filter on my September 2021 sv650 after about 4,000 miles. I have never had the paint finish flake off an oil filter like that before on any bike . The dealer and Suzuki don't want to know under the warranty , saying it is not a manufacturing fault and something has 'got at it', whatever that is supposed to mean. Obviously corrosion will occur if the paint flakes off to leave exposed bare metal. I know it will be changed at the next service but the starter motor finish is poor as well. I would say the paint finish is part of the manufacturing process ! Anyway, a different response and after sales service from Suzuki compared to Honda. The paint came off in places on the exhaust silencer box on my 2018 Honda CB650F and Honda replaced the whole exhaust system under the warranty!
It suffers due to the location being directly behind the front wheel - stone chips, road debris etc. And lets be honest it's only an oil filter, so long as its filtering oil and not leaking - is it really an issue?

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote