View Single Post
Old 07-09-21, 06:22 PM   #14
Blapper

Default Re: Running problem driving me nuts!

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't got back to you sooner, other things got in the way of trying to fix this problem. I changed the plugs and double checked there were no air leaks around the carbs but the damn thing is still plipping and plopping on tickover and running like a pig at small throttle openings.

I can tell you that it is definitely the rear cylinder, I verified that fact by running the bike with the airbox off and blocking of the carbs with my hand one at a time. I then put a spare plug in the rear ht lead, rested it on the head and started the negine to verify that the sparks were appearing evenly at low rpm and not intermittently which they were.

SO, I can only think of two things: One is a leaky exhaust valve, but that would get worse at large throttle openings, or two is in spite of ultrasonic cleaning, there is still a blockage in the pilot circuit somewhere. As I said before, once it is above 1/8 throttle, it goes like a scalded cat and it is particularly bad when you hurry the choke off (as it makes the weakness more pronounced?).

What do you guys think? I did think about taking the head off to check the valve seats but the amount of stripping and draining to do that is something I really don't want to do and as the compression test was even on both, the chances are high that I would find nothing wrong.

Last edited by Blapper; 07-09-21 at 06:24 PM.
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote