View Single Post
Old 26-09-21, 02:31 PM   #5452
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheGuevara View Post
Took an roughly 5-6yr old tap back to Screwfix due to a problem with the handle. No receipt, but the managed to exchange me for a new tap. That was great, but the real smile-maker was that as it's £10 cheaper now, they refunded me that difference as well.

That is the kind of customer service that means people buy from them again. I had one of a pair of Halfords 5 year warranty LED sidelights for the car fail after 18 months, didn't keep the receipt ( who does for £20 ? ) - I had original box ( with Halfords on it, and it had Halfords part number on bulb, but the bulbs I took back matched the picture on box anyway ). They had only been selling that bulb for about 18 months because I bought them as soon as I saw them in their store, they wouldn't do anything without a receipt, I even emailed head office and said they were obviously a Halfords bulb that had not been on sale long, with a 5 year warranty - they wouldn't budge, I have to say I have bought very little from Halfords since, although I used to go there fairly regularly before.... serves the tightwads right.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote