View Single Post
Old 03-10-21, 08:19 AM   #10048
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

A sign of things to come? As I indicated in a dedicated thread until it meandered into a climate change hole, I'm with Bulb energy.
They only have one tariff and it's variable. I've been paying £54/mo for a while and I'm £94 in credit but they just informed me that I'm using more energy than I'm paying for (don't forget - I'm in credit), because of this they need to increase my monthly debit to £71 (a 31% increase).

Some Bulb customers are facing an 80% rise:
https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...es-of-up-to-80

just to recap - Bulb are losing money and may go under, they have 1.7 million customers. I hadn't realised but within your energy bill is a deduction to allow you to be transferred to another supplier if yours goes bust (but that fund is running out of money because of the increasing energy company bankruptcies).

I'm not too concerned about the Bulb price rise because the old energy price cap has ended (Oct 1st) and Bulb did this once before only to reverse it when my credit soared (and I have the option of requesting a reduction, anyway). Finally, my new fridge/freezer arrived on Monday and I've noticed already that it's using less energy.