View Single Post
Old 03-10-21, 01:50 PM   #10049
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
The thing I noticed as well was the doctor saying 'we could never continue seeing all our patients face to face '.Who decided that ? Why not train more doctors then !
As far as private goes, I was in a company private healthcare scheme once and when I needed to wait for an angiogram on NHS I contacted private company and they said that I should bear in mind if you want any follow up treatment on NHS they can be a bit 'sniffy' if you have had private treatment ! So I waited for NHS treatment.
I think they can't continue it, as they waste so much time with people who don't have issues but continually get appointments.

I think they should have a triage nurse to asses a patient before a Dr's appoint is made. They could quickly identify what's needed, and issue a remedy there/then, or approve an appointment. Whilst that may create a bottleneck it could solve small issues quicker, preventing a GP appointment being 'wasted' and ensuring those who require further investigation get the appointment needed.
They should also address those who regularly miss appointments, by having them on a cancellation list, rather than having priority over those who turn up.

BMW F800ST

Last edited by DJ123; 03-10-21 at 01:56 PM.
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote