View Single Post
Old 23-01-22, 10:12 PM   #10384
Ruffy

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daktulos View Post
... but it's like they're taking without giving anything back.
Perhaps I'm too cynical but isn't this exactly their business model preference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
I never declare security devices with insurance company's. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
Absolutely. Which is why it's not usually worth it, just incase one day you forget to lock it with what ever is declared and they wriggle out the claim/reduce payment due to it.

I have them (locks) for my peace of mind, and the Bike's protection not the reduction in an insurance premium.
Yep, I'm also in the camp of not declaring additional security but using some anyway.

Bear in mind it's a different risk being mitigated: My risk is the chance of losing my bike/vehicle/whatever, the insurer's risk is the chance of losing money (to compensate me if I claim). So I use additional security to hopefully minimise the chance that I'll ever need to call on theft insurance, but if I do have to claim then I want as little as possible in the way of getting paid. So, for insurance purposes, I try to limit my promise to removing the ignition key when leaving the bike.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote