View Single Post
Old 30-01-22, 02:28 PM   #16
Ruffy

Default Re: But cyclists.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethariel View Post
Sitting here in utter amazement here.

Feel free to pop down to London any time and I'll give you a tour of my daily 10 mile each way commute and let you count how many sets of light cyclist's (and cockwombles on electric scooters) do NOT run and you will have loads of space on one hand left.
I'm not surprised in the slightest. (I'm more surprised it took so long for this legitimate counter observation to be posted.)

It's become a race to the bottom, with everyone jockeying for space and in a selfish hurry. In general being hit by a car/van running a red is likely to be more serious than being hit by a cycle/e-scooter, but 'two wrongs don't make a right' so that's not a good enough reason to excuse any of it.

I'm a pretty assertive cyclist when I ride (incl. a fair bit of commuting over the years in Manchester/Birmingham/other, though not London) but I've always drawn the line at running reds - I won't defend the indefensible.

How about we agree that everyone should stop at lights and be courteous and considerate to each other? Could that work?
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote