Thread: P&O Ferries
View Single Post
Old 18-03-22, 09:58 PM   #8
Ruffy

Default Re: P&O Ferries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
yes but you run the risk of leaving a hole in a transport link which will never be filled again.
Yes, but if there's profit potential in it then I'm pretty sure the hole won't stay there for too long. Especially if they can buy a few ships cheap from a bankruptcy sale!

P&O weren't running it out of the goodness of their hearts.

I do accept that there is often a national interest overall point to consider in running certain services at a loss. That's a large debate for another time. I don't know how relevant it is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
should we also stop using UK banks that are owned by EU countries that are who benefit from the profits of UK residents? the list goes on and on. the UK was sold down the river a long time ago
I'm not sure quite what issue you're querying here but, yes, we probably should boycott companies if they treat their staff immorally. Companies of all types though, not just transport companies, not just banks, not just clothing makers, not just warehouse-based online retailers ... You're right, sadly, the list does go on and on.

There have been calls for that sort of thing for a long time - 'consumer power'. It's not a new thing, though it's never really got to critical mass to be painful for any of them.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote