Thread: other forums
View Single Post
Old 08-09-22, 10:23 AM   #1
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default other forums

Do you still follow other forums from bikes you've previously owned? I find it interesting to see what are the current prevailing topics and whether some things are still plaguing people.

I don't go the Street Triple forum as often (I had a 675) but I note that stators failing is still an annoyance. Personally, I think they're not getting enough oil splash to cool them since they always seem to be burnt at the top.

The Z900RS forum continue to talk about snatchy throttle response (mine didn't do it although the Euro 5 model I rode did) requiring an ECU flash and the addition of a gear lever shaft bearing support which may or may not improve gear selection. (I didn't like the Zed gearbox).

The XSR700 forum is very quiet although a recent thread about failed gauges seems to have raised some interest and because I have too much time on my hands (and curiousity), I discovered that a Taiwanese firm makes the original (CTE) but there are plug and play alternatives that display much more info (and are cheaper than buying from Yamaha).