View Single Post
Old 10-10-22, 08:02 PM   #6
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gladius Fork Springs

cant help with the shock as the gladdy is newer than the pointy. if people are recommending the K6 GSXR then go with that but according to my matrix the 600 and 750 K6,7,8 are around 320mm and 90deg rez. you might have a problem with the spring lb depending on linkage ratio. from what pics i can see the ratio looks like the same as the pointy so a softer spring would be in order. remember that the pointy rear will get harder as the rear lowers so if you put a hard spring on things will get a bit bumpy and rattle your teeth.

to test the front set the static (without rider) preload then measure the sag with rider. if its within 35-45mm (adjust for better riding skill e.g. 30-40mm) your good to go. if its over that then springs are in order. this fully depends on your braking skill and how hard you brake. remember that rebound is mostly the key to success not compression. i would personally have a little dive than a pogo stick.

i personally prefer a more compliant suspension for road use even fast road. you want to soak up the bumps not end up in the ditch due to things kicking out on bumps.

Last edited by Bibio; 10-10-22 at 08:05 PM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote