View Single Post
Old 03-01-23, 08:15 PM   #8230
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

If you ever get the winder off, the other thing to be careful with the SRT is the final top cover fixing - the red dot for aligning the lens mount. Sometimes it's a screw, sometimes it's a bolt.
My Christmas was ruined by a Voigtlander Vito B which I'd picked up a few weeks earlier. Lovely condition, seems to be OK but slower shutter speeds sticking. It was relatively easy to disassemble, clean out the shutter and self-timer mechanisms but putting it all back was a nightmare. Firstly, after putting the slow shutter escapement back in place, the mechanism wouldn't complete the cycle. Following several attempts at removing and replacing, I found that if I backed off one of the fixing post screws 1/8 of a turn, everything would work.
Then. replacing the lens mount and aperture ring took me ages due to the weird system of little clamps that need aligning and fixing via screws behind the aperture ring and mount so it's almost impossible to see what's going on. Good thing I'd stocked up on booze to see me through it all.
After much kerfuffle, I finally got it sorted and collimated. Need to test it with film next.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote