View Single Post
Old 17-03-23, 07:17 PM   #10925
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
I've had to make two business trips this week, to Derbyshire and then Yorkshire. Catching up on my workload today was a pain but then I tried to make my expense claim. How hard do companies make you work for what they owe you?!

Only after spending half an hour adding my car details and photographing/emailing myself my receipts do I find I'm only allowed £5 for lunch. A simple sandwich, bag of salt n vinegar and a brew at a motorway services is twice that... And I also now know I can only claim £25 for dinner, but if you're in a hotel miles from anywhere and have one pint and the cheapest main course it always costs more than that. And no, I don't have a recent VAT receipts for petrol and the 15p per mile I'm allowed means I now have to claim the rest of the allowable 45p from HMRC in April....

It was so much easier when I was a contractor!
I don't even get anything to cover lunch if I'm away from home, I have to get that out of my £26 allowance if I stay away overnight. It's been like that for decades.

HMRC don't want you to make any money from expenses allowances. However they get £14 for lunch and £30 for evening meals in their allowance!
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote