View Single Post
Old 05-04-23, 12:44 AM   #1
Brrm!Brrm!

Default New member, a few questions!

Hi folks, new member from Ireland.
Just bought an '01 sv650s 26k miles(super clean and all the right bits I was likely to put on it: Braided lines F&R,crash bungs,fender extender,hi-level micron can which sounds amazing! Oxford heated grip,paddock bobbins and a Hepco and Becker rack,even has all the documents in the wallet,the tool roll and the tank prop!)

Happy out doesn't begin to describe it. Second bike I've had(previous/now parked up) a '92 400 super four. And I thought that was a nippy little bike...🤣

Bought it in N.ireland so it has mph clock but the odometer is recording in kilometres? It's not an overlay on the Speedo,the face has big mph/small kph markings etc. And the trip is reading exactly the right amount of Kms for the journey down from the north on Sunday (Google maps)
There is a sticker on the frame in French so it's possible it was imported to the UK early in it's life but the only stamp on the service book is from a place up North (BRS cars in cullybackey) what I'm assuming is the original owners name is written in the service book too(from Ballymoney, Antrim)

It's a weird one,the mileage/Kms(?) seems to tally with the MOT history so far back as that website shows me.
Just wondering what the going on with it as I like to stick to the service schedule...

And lastly (probably a stupid one&#128517 any easy way to tell if it's restricted? I've GPS verified it on the ubiquitous private road🤭 at 192kph/119mph...not too shabby but I've had 176 and 182kph from the Super Four(JDM so so far as I know it's restricted for that market) on the exact same downhill stretch...(granted there was a bit of a head wind on the Sv)
What's the verdict yis think? Restricted or not?

Anyways,sorry for the long post but the odometer is bugging me(it's still a low mileage bike regardless but if it's actually Kms I got an even better bargain than I thought)

Any advice around the odo would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Brrm!
Brrm!Brrm! is offline   Reply With Quote