Thread: running on one
View Single Post
Old 14-04-23, 07:00 PM   #14
redtrummy

Default Re: running on one

On the black side of life! The lads bathroom is not yet finished! (Only limited access now, cannot disturb the newborn. However, in the meantime I mulled Suzy's problems over, surely if it was electrical then fuel would be dumped into the exhaust which would cause popping and banging which just didn't happen? So I started the bike to recheck and promptly burnt my hand touching the front exhaust pipe, ran it through the rev band and above 6k it was obviously running fine. (I doubt in my local area I have reason to hit 5 -6 k when riding her, so back to carburation. The bike had very little fuel in it so gave it another good shot of Redex (Bow down to the powers of Redex) ran the bike for a few minutes, left it for a couple of weeks, tried it again with a short run and it was running pretty well with the odd misfire! Hopefully I will be taking it on a bit of a run tomorrow to check its current status. If the outcome is good I will own an unused JIS screwdriver and a couple of spare sparkplugs, time and test will tell! Or on the black side of life I have an intermittent problem
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote