View Single Post
Old 16-06-23, 08:56 AM   #6186
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Italian customer service is on par with UK customer service.

My bathroom sink taps are Italian. I did not know this until I tried to get a replacement cartridge. The local plumber's merchant looked at the old one as if I'd handed him something from the Tardis. So google it is and I found what I needed on an English language Italian website. I ordered 2.

They predicted worst case 3 day delivery (I was sceptical), after a week I contacted them and received an email that started: "Buongiorno Stephen" Uh oh! No problem, they repeated the message in English and explained (in somewhat happy language) that they had raised what they called a "ticket" (they seemed proud of it) and that Frederico* would handle it.
Later I recieved an automated email telling me my package had been delayed and that I should reply to this email to get tracking information. I did.

"Buonguorno Stephen" ... we have raised what we call a "ticket" ... deja vu.

Another automated email arrived inviting me to reply to get tracking information which I ignored. *I never did hear from Frederico.

Later (24 hours) another email apologising for the delay but my order hadn't been shipped yet. Another 24 hours and my order has been shipped and here's the tracking number... With whom? No, that wasn't mentioned - they said on their website that they use FedEx but it's not a number FedEx recognise. They also said use this link to track the package; there wasn't a link.

At this point I give a wry smile, a shrug and sit back to see if my cartridges will ever arrive. The nice thing about the Italian cartridges is that they were designed to be repaired (and the website offered kits) but I cleaned off the limescale rubbed in some red rubber grease to the washer and o-rings and it hasn't dripped since which is why I am relaxed about this customer service.

Last edited by Seeker; 16-06-23 at 09:01 AM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote