View Single Post
Old 22-06-23, 06:55 AM   #5
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: Sorry to do this, but I need some advice about a dirty VTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
howdoo long time.
It has been a long time, my failing body and then catching that horrible lurgy that was going around a couple of years ago, made riding all but impossible at times. It was embarrassing taking the bike for her MOT when she had completed less than 400 miles since her last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
depends on how far gone the old forks are it might be worth just revamping them with decent internals/springs to suit weight.
I have wondered this myself, he says that the stanchions are rusted and he needs replacements, hence the idea of the front end swap to something prettier. I think that this is a swap for aesthetic reasons, rather than technical ones. I can't imagine why anyone would do something like this!

Thank you Ste, I have forwarded the information and we shall see how it goes. Either way, the wife and I look very much like we are going to be rebuilding the VTR for him. A local shop here in Weston have done some work to the bike and then Wifey has had to go and repair what was done. Lesson there is always pisk your Local Bike Shop with care!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote