View Single Post
Old 04-09-23, 03:52 PM   #3
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: GSX-8S test ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Interesting. My Transalp has foot pegs in exactly the wrong place so I'm constantly catching the inside of my calves. I'm 5'11" so my long legs can deal with this.
For me, being vertically challenged, it was annoying but nerve wracking too when I forgot - when coming to a stop I would start the bike to lean slightly and expect my leg to be there to support it, only it was now scrabbling trying to find its position. I thought I'd adapt but never did, switching back and forth between the Yam and the SV didn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I'm not convinced that 270° twins feel anything like a 90° V twin. The Transalp is nowhere near as smooth as an SV even with balance shafts.
Me neither. The Honda dual balance shaft system is supposed to better than Suzuki's. I forget which way round it is - one of them has the shafts stacked 180° above each other, whilst the other manufacturer has one balance shaft "leading" the other, ie not in line.
The XSR only has one balance shaft and vibrates less than the GSX (but more than the SV).