View Single Post
Old 12-09-23, 08:02 PM   #1226
Ruffy

Default Re: The random rideout pictures thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Ha! Not only did I spell pylon wrong, it's not even the right word. That's embarrassing haha
I don't care - you remembered me, a complete stranger really. I'm honoured, woo hoo!

Oh, and I just corrected a typo I left in my own post, so clearly we'll both have to try harder if we're going to be perfect! Besides, my meagre added comments are merely a raindrop in the sea of brilliance of your many photo offerings so it'd be a poor do if you were just criticised for the odd spelling mistake along the way. That certainly wasn't my intent so sorry if it came across that way.

Jargon's a weird thing - I'm sure there are many, many words in common use where a usually used industry term is different.

Here's another, slightly more relevant to biking: In highways, "pavement" is the term used for the 'black top' tarmac surface for streets and roads etc., not the pedestrian path bit at the side that most people mean when they use the word.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote