Thread: The Veg Plot.
View Single Post
Old 12-11-23, 03:52 PM   #350
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Veg Plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtrummy View Post
My garden has been quite productive this year, good beans, broad beans,runner and dwarf. Loads of different greens although my brussels and red cabbage have failed. Spuds were small in size, Good soft fruit harvest but no pears cherries or cooking apples this year
Runner and French beans were just about ok this year but not great. Spuds were excellent, I still have about half a sack of my maincrop "Sunset" spuds. They should see me through to the new year. No soft fruit other that the raspberries I inherited with the allotment. Currant and gooseberry bushes should be established by next year and giving me a crop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Took me a while to spot how that could be a dog but now it's all I can see...

Quote:
Not sure if you've passed the bug on to your two girls but we've just got back from a weekend in Essex staying with the Monkey at her new house and although they only moved in a week ago she's already deciding which corner of the garden is going to be cleared to create a veg plot. Her boyfriend has already worked out he has no choice
Ha ha, that's good to hear. Sioned in B'ham has a small veg plot she wants to expand. I'll go over soon and give her a hand to get some new beds sorted. Eleri is in a student flat with no garden and, unfortunately no interest in, or time for gardening.

Quote:
Back at Trev Towers we only have parsnips left in the ground which we're merrily working our way through.
I never got any parsnips going this year, sadly but I will next year. I'm still harvesting lots of lovely carrots and a few beetroot though.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote