View Single Post
Old 20-02-24, 10:46 AM   #11251
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

My gripe is that I normally buy my batteries from Tayna, but a few years ago when i needed a new Yuasa YT12A-BS AGM battery for my AL7. Tayna were out of stock and could not give me a date when new stock would arrive ( probably covid affecting the supply chain ). I found the right battery at MDS and ordered one ( never used MDS before, but Tayna are always great to deal with and very quick delivery ), when it arrived there was acid in packaging acid on the battery. I emailed a photo to MDS and a guy rang me back saying that they bulk fill the batteries and that was just some splashing ( they obviously do not wipe batteries down before shipping ) and if I had problems with the battery they would replace it. Now less than 3 years later the battery was not able to achieve 'green' on my smart charger, so I measured battery voltage at 10.5 volts.... Every one of the Yuasa batteries I have ever had on bikes and cars has lasted at least 5 years, and I replace batteries at 5 years as a rule. Now because the guy phoned me back rather than email I have no record of our conversation about replacing the battery which only get 12 months warranty anyway... I feel I have been stiffed by MDS...

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 20-02-24 at 10:48 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote